SWB 2.5 Tons

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 12:15:26 PST

Well, Dave at Eastern Surplus has gone and done something I thought
would be kinda fun to do. It started with my thoughts on the Chevy
and Ford CMP HUPs. That's Canadian Military Pattern and Heavy Utility
Personel for those that don't speak the Commonwealth MV speak.

Those look like: http://ipmslondon.tripod.com/museumreviews/id17.html
(scroll down to the Diamond T wrecker)

Then I got to thinking that a 2.5 tonner modified by dumping a real
axle and shortening the chassis to make a North American Unimog would
be interesting. Mind you, this is just idle thoughts I have as I
drive my Honda Insight around Atlanta and drive past the morons in
their H2^h^hYukons.

So, I'm looking at trucks today online and Lo, Dave at EAstern
Surplus has gone and made what I've been thinking of.
http://www.easternsurplus.net/180a.jpg

I can't say I'm happy with the placement of the fuel tank, but its'
still a rather nice looking truck. Perhaps some kind of fuel tank
placement between the frame rails would work better. All it needs is
some kind of rear body over the back chassis (a crew cab setup and
small cargo area?), a tire mount on the end of the chassis and it'd
be set.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -