Re: [MV] Diesel Engine "Purr"

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 00:35:28 PST

Julian

Well said! If the M35's didn't have such a good
sounding diesel I wouldn't have bought one. I prefer
the "D" turbo versus the "C". You can hear the motor
more over the turbo yet there is still a slight woosh
when she's under load.

Joe

I assume you are talking about the 6-71.
I was told before getting in a truck with a Jimmy
diesel you should slam your hand in the door. Reason
being you needed to drive it like you were madder than
hell otherwise it would drop out of the powerband. Is
this accurate? About a month ago I pulled off the
road to watch a 60's vintage D8 pushload a twin
engined Euclid scraper...what a symphony! I imagine
there was a 12V-71 in the front but don't know for
sure.

Marc