RE: [MV] 5 Ton roll back Vehicle Transporter

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 13:37:57 PST

>the largest they showed was rated at 11,000 pounds, not to say that someone
>else does not >make a larger one.

I have used a Landoll to move two M35A2 at a time. Check their site
http://www.landoll.com/trans.cfm and they are sub under Stewart & Stevenson
Tactical Vehicles and are making the new FMTV Wreckers. For a picture see:
http://www.landoll.com/gvgovprod.cfm Wayne

>From: "everette" <194cbteng@bellsouth.net>
>Subject: [MV] 5 Ton roll back Vehicle Transporter
>Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 07:52:47 -0600
>
>Not saying this could not be done - however:::::
>
>I have used commercial roll back some and:::
>
>Fellows, go take a look at your friendly neighbor hood towing service, ask
>him for demonstration of roll back. I have a good friend that has three of
>them in service, very expensive to purchase, I looked when this discussion
>first started at his catalog of towing equipment, the largest they showed
>was rated at 11,000 pounds, not to say that someone else does not make a
>larger one.
>
>Right away height of loaded vehicle poses difficulty, look at height of 5
>ton bed from the ground and then add to that total vehicle height.
>
>I seem to remember there are some fellows on list that operate towing
>service, would be interesting to hear their comments.
>
>Everette

Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home.