Re: [MV] History of the Mussette ( Musette ) bag

From: Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 14:16:24 PST

The Musette bag is also referred to as the M1936 Field Bag. (So I'd guess
the earliest date on one would be 1936 or 1937) It was originally issued as
an Officer's Field Pack. The 1942 Officer's Guide offers some info on
recommended contents for an Officer in the field. I've posted this info on
my WW2 Reenacting & Living History Web Page. Here's the page about the
Musette Bag: http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/ww2/musette_bag.htm

The main link to my WW2 page is:
http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/ww2

Thanks,
Brian Mead

P.S. required MV content. My website also has free web-printable forms &
paperwork to carry in your WW2 MV...MVO Permits, ID cards, trip tickets,
and more.