Re: [MV] History of the Mussette ( Musette ) bag

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 17:07:32 PST

Howdy Mike,

The mussette bag dates to the 14th century and was first produced in
France. See the definition provided by the dictionary at:
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=musette

Rudyard Kipling reffers to it as a "mussick" in his great poem GUNGA
DIN ...

  "With his mussick on his back, he would skip with our attack
and watch us till the bugles bade retire.
And for all his black faced hide, he was white, clear white inside
when he went to tend the wounded under fire..."

Mel Miller
Corpus Christi, TX
361-937-3317
M725
M884
86 VW Doppelkabin Drop Side Diesel PU (OD)