Re: [MV] multi-fuel crankcase oil type

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 09:49:18 PST

I've run across a number of trucks that have the spring loaded oil sampling
valve for analysis. All these were straight from the gov't. As far as oil I
think timely oil changes is more important than the quality of the oil. This is
assuming that you're using oil rated for use in diesel powerplants and its from
a known oil company. The better quality of oils, especially synthetics should
be used by the character that doesn't do timely oil changes. I personally
use Shell's Rotella T in all my diesel equipment. I've even been considering
buying a 55 gallon drum of the stuff from Sam's Club.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2
73 A.M. General M275A2