Re: [MV] a simple m35 voltage question

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 00:12:32 PST

Thats called center tapping and you're right, you will get correct voltage.
The problem comes from unequal battery charging and subsequent battery failure
when one battery overcharges and the other undercharges. Lots of people do
this and if the current draw is minimal, you probably won't develop a problem. I
have a 12V powertap on both my deuces just to power my cell phone charger. Not
seen a problem yet but the current draw in minimal. Since we are on the
voltage subject, does anyone know of a mfr that makes 24 to 110 inverters?

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2
73 A.M. General M275A2