Shop Floor

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 05:24:15 PST

I have been in cleaning chemical business for several years and have seen
lots of shop floors cleaned and sealed, here are some of my observations:

There are some things that are very important when sealing.

Floor must be absolutly clean and dry or what you put down will peel up.

Floor must be free from traces of cleaning chemicals left on it or it will
peel. Rinse it twice more after you think it is rinsed enough.

If is new concrete floor chances of doing good job and it not peeling are
very good.

The older the floor and more it has been used the chance that floor will not
peel are very slim.

If on an older floor you can see stain from an oil spill, most likely sealer
will peel from these spots.

Clean white sand sprinkled on new covering before it dries is very good
idea, kind of like what is/was done to front fenders on "M" series trucks