Re: [MV] More "ooops"

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 16:14:54 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Harris" <papercu@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 2:59 PM
Subject: [MV] More "ooops"

> First seven are new. Wayne
>
> http://ImageEvent.com/wharris19/ooops

Heh. I saw the remains of a 939 series wrecker in the scrapyard which
apparently had been lifted in the air at the dock and swung over some
freighter's open forward hold in the process of foreign deployment, at which
point the cables let loose. The poor M933 then fell into the hold and
landed on its head - with predictable results.

When they were selling wrecked HMMWV through DRMO, one of the first we got
at work was one with less than 1000 miles on it which had been stolen from
the motor pool and abandoned on the railroad tracks by its occupants just as
a train was coming. Whammo. Not pretty. The rear end was pretty much
intact, but anything from the driver's seat forward looked like a crushed
tuna tin.