cucv fuel problem

From: cmpdbase (cmpdbase@telusplanet.net)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 20:10:09 PST

Hi listers,
After putting in some "diesel fuel" in my 1987 M1008 cucv, I had
problems. namely stalling and not starting.
After removing the fuel filter to check for water in the system, the
problem was gasoline in the fuel tank!
Someone had dumped gasoling into the underground diesel tank at the dealer.
Anyway, I siphoned all the gasoline out of the tank, replaced the fuel
filter, opened the vent plug on the fuel filter, disconnected the fuel
injection pump shutoff solenoid, and cranked the engine.
Now there is diesel in the system up to the fuel filter, hoever the
engine will not fire.
My next step is to disconnect the line from the fuel pump to the
injector to make sure there is fuel going to the pump.
Now, in one of the posting, someone mentioned a fuel pressure switch
that should be replaced on a regular basis.
What is this switch, and where is it located. I might as well replace
this too make sure.
As well, a f riend of mine said to check the glowplugs. If only one
glowplug is working, the indicator light on the dash will light up, but
you may have seven dead glowplugs. So, I will replace these as well
after doing a continuity test on them.
Besides the inevitable, a ruined injector pump, any other suggestions?
Ian Cooper