Re: [MV] M1009 electrical

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 10:52:58 PST

Anything else to look at other than the Alternator then, if a meter on the front
battery shows no charging when the engine is running, and GEN 1 light is faintly
on?
The GEN 1 light will glow a little brighter when the lights are turned on, and
right away go back to faint when the engine is revved up. I remember loosing a
belt while driving and the GEN 1 light came on bright. Does the fact that the
light goes almost out mean that the alternator is charging but the connection is
broken on the way to the battery?

Is there a regulator outside somewhere or is it built in?