Re: [MV] Diesel driving characteristics? M1009 6.2l

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 10:50:23 PST

Every stock NA 6.2L truck that I have ever driven or owned didn't really like having the pedal floored if the rev's are not at least 2600-2800. Once you get the engine wound up some, it seems to handle the extra fuel much better (although the crappy factory dual exhaust starts to become a restrictive power-robber). In an M1009, those kinds of rpms put you close to 80mph, and it's hard to push a brick through the air at 80mph with a 135hp engine without having the pedal to the floor anyway...

You can turn the pump down some, but, personally, I don't think it's worth it.