Re: [MV] Is this the land of the free??

From: Bill & Bonnie Prestin (bprestin@chartermi.net)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 21:54:33 PST

Thanks a lot for all your support everyone. I don't need any ass kicking at
this time. (good idea though) I will probably have to go the sensible route
and get involved in my local government. Not sure how to do that yet? How
does someone get on a local Zoning board anyway? I think the council members
are elected. They are usually local business owners, or people whose family
has lived here for generations. I just moved here about 4 years ago, so I am
probably considered an "outsider" I don't want to cause too much trouble and
my kids will be starting school here in a couple of years, that could make
it pretty tough on them. I grew up near a small town in Ohio, and I know how
a small town can be an almost "closed community". So I think advice on how
small town gov. works will probably be the most useful.

Thanks again,

Bill