Re: [MV] Diesel driving characteristics? M1009 6.2l

From: chris case (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 15:25:05 PST

I think now I understand what some of the Mexican truckers were doing on the
freeway when I saw them drop off the throttle, then hit it again- every few
seconds-they were looking for the 'sweet spot' of just enough 'gas'. They
seemed excessive though... and I thought it had something to do with
cylinder lubrication- at least on a 2 stroke dirt bike we used a similar
process. I used to work at a dyno shop- I guess I'll just have to learn to
adjust richness by the seat of the pants technique, rather than by jetting
the carb.

Thanks for the help,
Chris Case