Re: [MV] multi-fuel crankcase oil type

From: Jim Stead (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 19:07:07 PST

In the Ford 7.3L diesel manual it says not to put diesel fuel in galvanized
containers, since the diesel will dissolve the zinc. I could see the zinc
congregating in the engine oil as a result. Perhaps this solutioned zinc is
bad for all injectors and not just Ford's complicated high-pressure
injectors? In that case, a high zinc reading could also be a warning of
potential injection (and who knows what else) problems down the road.
Just a thought.....

Jim

> Hi Bjorn and list ,
> Very interesting analysis , but where did
all