Re: [MV] Gray Oil -- Thanks to all

From: Duane Burris (zburris@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 13:48:17 PST

In answer to a few that asked (pardon not directly MV related) -- the
equipment in question was a d8h bulldozer. The oil was a gray color I
hadn't seen before. I wasn't sure it was water, because most water
contamination I've seen was more brownish.

Concensus of the list was that it was likely water in the oil, and...
the contamination was water from the cylinder liners -- probably a 3 to
5 thousand dollar repair (cat is really proud of their parts).

So, I am still in the market for a large dozer -- looking for a D9G,
D9H, D8H, or D8K, and would consider other brands of similar size.
Preferably close to Arizona. If anyone knows of such, please contact me
off list.

Thanks again to all.