Re: [MV] Can a CUCV 6.2 Diesel Get "Flooded" at Start-Up?

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 13:01:55 PST

I have occasionally seen this with my civilian truck. Not sure why, but very rarely, while warm, it will crank for almost 10-15 seconds before firing up. I always thought it was a fluke bleed down of my fuel system. Even a very little fuel will make the exhaust smell.

Why it is not consistent on my truck, I don't know. I would say if it becomes consistent, then I'd check your pressure switch. It has never been consistent for me. It has maybe done it 3-5 times in the past 3 years.

--Neil