Re: [MV] M35 ? of the day. Stuff a pencil in it.

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 13:36:23 PST

At 3:09 PM -0500 12/18/03, Michael Maynard wrote:
>Jim, I don't plan on driving it, I just intend to start it to load it
>onto a flatbed. GL claims they wont help me in any way whatsoever in
>before, I will check into that. When I was up there a few weeks ago, I

There's fungus, alga and bacteria that will grow in diesel fuel. As
diesel has less and less sulfur in it, these bugs are more able to
grow in the fuel. The most interesting thing is how you can get it in
one truck, and spread it to another with a fuel nozzle a fueling
station.

>did look into the tank, and it was full of what appeared to be clean
>diesel. The oil was good as well. The GL Rep told me that 99% of
>trucks from this base just need batteries and some either to start em.

The fungus will be at the bottom of the tank. If there is water
contamination, the bugs use that for a source of oxygen. Drain the
fuel tanks a tiny bit (like on aircraft) to see if they have good
fuel. Same goes for your filters.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -