M54A2 for sale in Seattle area (looks like deuce, but 5 ton rated)

From: J (W7LS@blarg.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 20:01:41 PST

    I have a M54A2 5 ton cargo truck for sale in the Seattle area.
$5500. Motor runs like a top. New set of injectors a few months back.
For the newer members of this list that may not be familiar with the
M54A2, it looks like a deuce, but is 3 feet longer (2 feet in the bed
and 1 foot up front), weighs about 5,000 pounds more, has a few more
ponies under the hood, and has 11 inch wide tires instead of 9 inchers.
Cargo bed is 7'6" wide by 14' long (inside dimensions). Carrying
capacity is 5 tons off-road and 10 tons on-road. Deuce capacity is half
of that. Towing capacity is 30,000 pounds. Brakes are air pressure
boosted hydraulics, just like a deuce. Brake drums are much, much larger
than a deuce. Very reliable truck. Wouldn't hesitate to take it on a
long trip. Has troop seats in back. Installed a big muffler to reduce
the cab noise. Cab top is an arctic soft-top that is actually made for
the 900 series. It's insulated, doesn't leak, and doesn't sweat at all.
Has a cab heater. Tires are in good shape. I have the manuals for it.
Currently titled in the State of Washington as a Collector Vehicle with
a clean title.
  Contact me if interested. Thanks. Jim