Re: [MV] No1 vs No2 diesel

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 23:18:25 PST

  Ken,

         Don't bother switching to number one fuel. Just fuel up at a
reputable truck stop once you enter Virginia which should by this time be
selling the winterized version of our highway low sulphur Diesel fuel. The
heat from the return fuel will keep you running on straight number two fuel
down to zero degrees Fahrenheit without shutting down. Fuel up at high
volume truck stops and you shouldn't have a problem.

Jim

At 01:41 AM 12/20/2003, Recovry4x4@aol.com wrote:
>Here's my chance to really show my ignorance. I might be needing to drive my
>deuce tractor to VA soon. At what temp or threshold do I switch from #2 to #1
>diesel? Is #1 hard to find? What else do I need to be aware of? I don't plan
>on shutting it down for more than an hour or two at a time. Maybe I should
>install that ether start kit I've been saving!
>
>Kenneth Engle
>Loxahatchee FL
>71 A.M. General M35A2
>73 A.M. General M275A2