Re: [MV] trailer brakes

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Thu Dec 25 2003 - 20:07:03 PST

Hi Greg,

         The answer is simple, the trailer breaks away from the towing
truck it was attached to and rips both hoses loose. The service hose which
transfers the signal from your brake pedal to apply the brakes on the
trailer and rips the emergency line away from the truck. As soon as the
emergency line rips away from the truck the air in the line goes to zero
which causes the valve on the trailer the emergency line is attached to to
cut off charging air to the air tank on the trailer and supply max air
pressure from the air tank to the master brake cylinder.

Jim