RE: [MV] trailer brakes

From: Trish & Carla (wa6ube@tactical-link.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 14:42:52 PST

Ref to your #1, below:
Doesn't loss of air to the air brakes cause the brakes to be
applied?

--
Patricia E. Gibbons & Carla Satra
Tactical Link Systems

I have been told that Tennessee DOT is requring trailers be equipted with a breakaway system so that if trailer comes loose from towing vehicle it will automaticly apply trailer brakes

This brings on a couple of questions in my mind

1. Trailer made to be pulled behind M35 has connections to hook truck air to trailer brakes, if trailer comes unhooked will brakes come on - I see nothing on trailer to make this happen.

2. I have one of the thousands of 4 wheel tandem axle car hauling trailers with electric brakes, I have been told that I will have to purchase a gizmo that hooks into this system and has a battery in it that will apply brakes should this trailer come unhooked. Anyone heard same thing???

Everette

“Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.” General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.