MV 5 ton electric and other modifications?

From: Adam Suess (ajsuess@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 16:34:40 PST

I'm considering converting my M54A1 into a semi tractor or a streight grain
truck and pulling a pup trailer. Problem is the trailers are 12 volt. Can I
some how convert the truck down to 12 volt for the trailer harness only but
still maintain a 24 volt truck and controlls? Both trailers need to remain
12 volt for the other trucks. Any one have any experience lengthing the
frame on a 5 ton to accomidate a 16' to 20' dump body? Dropside cargo box
worth any thing? Any one ever put a different transmission in one. Like a 10
or 13 speed? I'd like to eliminate the huge jump for 3rd to 4th. Thanks.

Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access — limited
time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup