Re: [MV] White engine on my Deuce.

From: ke6myk@sbcglobal.net
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 15:59:16 PST

AVarvarigo@aol.com wrote:
> Hi guys, I want to thank all for getting back to me in regards to
> the engine I have in 71 M35A2. In addition I want to make sure,
> being that I am new to this, that I am not l osing my mind. I read
> in a recent article in the new Mil. Veh. magazine, that my type of
> truck had a generator with 1 of 2 types of regs. (Electro mechani
> cal or electronic). I think I have an alternator on my truck (no
> elbow, screw connector) and I don't see any reg. on the fire wall. I
> guess I don't need a n external regulator???

Your truck should have a 60 amp alternator. The systems described in
that excellent article are the older 25 amp generators. The 60 amp
alternators come in many flavors that all look slightly different, but
they all (to the best of my knowledge) have the voltage regulators
built in.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/