RE: [MV] MV 5 ton electric and other modifications?

From: Michael Maynard (mike@byebyeblazer.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 19:03:25 PST

My thought on this was to tap into the 24 volt system (with splitters as
to not cut wires) and use 24v relays to switch 12 volts for the trailer.
This is actually what I intend on doing with my deuce, along with adding
a 12v system of some sort. I have found relays real cheap that should
handle this, (ie. Under $5 each)and figure you only need 5 or less
depending on the trailer. My theory was, its real easy to stumble on a
12v trailer I wanna tow that I am not allowed to change to 24v.

Mike