Re: [MV] (Forklift Fun)

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 15:40:45 PST

>My pet name for it all is "Forklift Demolition Derby", and I remember seeing
>a long line of M886s at Fort Lewis, WA years ago with not a single straight
>driveshaft to be found among them.

Sounds like some of the SUSVs (BV-206) that were kicked out of service in
New England. They tried to pick up the whole unit using forks. You know,
like right through the fiberglass hulls! They demolished otherwise near
mint vehicles going out to be bid on. In 10 minutes the tax payers were
robbed a few tens of thousands of bucks for no reason. Grrrrr...

Steve