FS: Dodge M886 Ambulance

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 11:26:55 PST

I convinced the film company I do subcontract work for to part with this
beast because ambulances rarely rent for motion pictures up here in
Vancouver, and when they do, they always want our M1010 or a suitable HMMWV.
As a result, this 886 always seems to be in the way when I want to do
something, and I'm quite sick of trying to find a battery for it and moving
it around the yard.

The vehicle itself has had a really gentle life since leaving the Army, and
the film outfit is the only owner since the Army. The only departure from
stock has been the addition of power steering (a *welcome* addition for
those of us who've ever had to herd the things down the freeway as equipped
with those old sloppy manual boxes), and it's still straight military inside
and out. The back has all the cushions and stretcher racks (which work),
and I even had the gas heater working last year. It has the radial tires
instead of those awful bias-ply things, and runs beautifully. In fact,
before we got into the CUCV family stuff, this 886 regularly took stuff to
gun shows/trade shows and became part of the exhibit right alongside.
Needless to say, brakes, lights, 4wd and all that stuff works perfectly.

It'd be nice if it went to a collector rather than suffering the
torch-and-paint hack conversion into some hunting buggy which has taken so
many of the ambs up to this point, which is why I'm putting it up here
before some place like E-pay. You can check out a pic of the beast on the
company website at:

http://www.internationalmovie.com/images/vehicles/pickup/info-M886-lores.jpg

...and I'll have a few more as soon as I don't have to shovel off a foot of
slush just to get a pic. I'm under orders to get around USD 4500.00 for it,
but I'll present any reasonable offers to the owner and he can make the
ultimate decision. Vehicle's located in Aldergrove, B.C., which is about 10
mins away from the U.S. border. You can contact me at: vitch@redwall.net if
you'd like to make an appointment to come and have a look at it.