Deuce oil question

From: AVarvarigo@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 07:48:25 PST

Hi guys, I want to thank all that took the time to answer my question. Believe me, I am not a micro-manager, however I didn't want to do something that would screw up my truck and make it more painful in the long run.
As a summary, since I don't drive it much and it is always used just for pleasure, (no heavy loads), I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing. So I will dump the oil in the spring (filters too), change it to 15W-40 Rotella (Shell), plenty of that around. And until then if I need to add some, it seems that I am OK either with the HD30 (Castrol), that I bought for gasoline engines or small trucks, or I can even add 15W-40 to what's in it now.
Thanks again
Tony V.