Re: [MV] OIL QUESTION

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 14:13:43 PST

The truck I drive at work is a 1992 Mack RD686 Tri-axle dump truck with
498,500 miles on it when I parked it at the end of the season and it has
run it's entire life on Shell Rotella. Funny thing when I was driving over
the road the tractor I was assigned was the oldest one in the fleet and
turned over 1,000,000 miles under my care without a rebuild or teardown.
Sure you didn't have something else wrong that took out your bearings?

         Couple million trucks using Rotella daily in the USA can't be wrong.

Jim

At 02:10 PM 1/8/2004, Glenn Shaw wrote:
>Hi
>That is quite a claim re. Shell Rotella oil. Could you give us some
>reference data and sites to look at about this. A lot of us (including
>the Army) use that oil and would like to know more actual data on this
>claim. I am sure that Shell should be contacted as well to see if they
>are hiding something here. It is especially on point since the US ARMY
>once again has bought a ton of this stuff in 30w and 15W40. They ship
>it by the 55 gal drum to the OMS shops here.
>
>Thanks
>Glenn S.
>MVPA
>MTANJ