Re: [MV] OIL QUESTION

From: jeff j alberhasky (jalberhasky@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 16:43:39 PST

I knew this would open up a can of worms. I did see a some reports of
over the road long haul diesel engines with very pitted bearings and
most, if not all had, been using Rotella motor oil. It had been
atributed to sulfur ( An EP ingrediant) in the oil itself or the oils
inability to deal with the by products of combustion which sulfur is one.
 I can't remember. Sulfur, without a doubt eats yellow metal. This is
a fact!. I have been trying to find the article to post. I ran across
it by accident a few years ago and it had a number of photos of the
bearings showing all the brass completly eaten away. All I know is that
I quit using it in all my engines because of this article. I will keep
on looking. ???????