C42 Radio Set (for Ferret, etc.) on Ebay

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 11:03:25 PST

I just put the last of my spare C42 sets up on Ebay, though you won't be
able to view the listing until after 1900 hrs PST. There used to be a
bunch around, but I haven't seen any for sale (aside from mine) for years
now - and again - this is the last one I can part with. Someone spoke for
it earlier but I've waited over a month for the money order, so
<shrug>...relisted.

These were installed in basically everything the British had prior to the
introduction of the Clansman stuff, not to mention serving as the primary
VHF vehicular and ground set for the Canadian Forces for years. Canada put
them in M37s, Ferrets, M152s, M38s, M38A1s and basically everything else
with headlights until they were replaced by the VRC-12 family purchased from
the 'States. After one bunch of C42s got released early on - the rest
evidently went to some aluminum shredder in the U.S. Nice.

Anyway, the listing is just the power supply and the receiver-transmitter
itself, so you'll have to dig up the mounting trays and cabling yourself. I
have no spares beyond my own needs. MVPA member Brian Asbury from Toronto
used to have a ton of the EIS for these and might still, and failing that,
armyradios.uk or similar might be a resource to track some down.