RE: [MV] M35 cargo cover question

From: Mark Gibson (MGibson@hughesarchitects.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 07:19:03 PST

I drove these in the Corps and the end curtains went on the inside and
the snaps that you are asking about went on the inside too to hold the
end curtain in place. The straps on the bows go to the outside to hold
the canvas sides up in the summer (the canvas will have buckles sewn
onto it). We used to takes the ends curtains off when the sides were
rolled up. If you go faster than 20mph, the canvas looks like it will
flop off, and occasionally does. This is one of those things that the
military didn't quite get right. I've never seen a canvas on a truck
that didn't flap like crazy.