Re: [MV] Animal Smells

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 07:58:28 PST

I had a field mouse problem every fall, trying to stay warm for the winter
here in NH until I found the cure. Two very attentive Kittens!! First they
thought the mice were great for playthings and now they look at them as a "
Meals on wheels" delivery. Ever see what the mice's feet look like when
running from a Cat?? My neighbors still have field mouse problems every
fall and I admit they still come into the house even with two cats cause it
turns into a circus when they chase them. The cats learned were they come
in and now they don't last more than maybe 10 minutes in sheer terror while
the cats play with them before administering the law of the house. Cat law
that is. Just think you don't have to reset a cat trap.

Type later ..........MMMMEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

At 10:06 AM 1/11/2004, jonathon wrote:

> >My wife ran the local pet store and they used a product called "Nature's
>Miracle" The stuff was outstanding, it uses organic enzymes to get rid of
>the odors. She said it should be avalable at most pet stores. TimK..
>
>There is another product that sounds like the same basic thing called
>"Kills", I believe it's found more in building supply stores. We used it to
>de-smell an elderly friends house from many years of 6 cats doing their do
>all over. Since he couldn't smell anymore he never noticed it. It seemed to
>work very well. After pulling up the carpet we sprayed the entire floor
>(floors, halls, closets, etc). Only in the places where the cats had pee'd
>on the floor this stuff would foam up, obviously some reaction was occurring..
>
>I've got a thoroughly mouse infested M715 that I will be needing to
>de-smell. Thought I would first remove all the canvas then attack it with
>the steam cleaner and maybe run bleach through it. Then maybe spray this
>Kills stuff on there.
>
>Speaking of mice. Rather than deal with traps and bait, does anyone know if
>any of these electronic repeller devices work? All I know of for sure is
>that a loud radio will keep raccoons away, but we seem to have major mouse
>problems around here.
>
>later,
>
>je

James Shanks