Re: [MV] Animal Smells

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 07:06:11 PST

>My wife ran the local pet store and they used a product called "Nature's
Miracle" The stuff was outstanding, it uses organic enzymes to get rid of
the odors. She said it should be avalable at most pet stores. TimK..

There is another product that sounds like the same basic thing called
"Kills", I believe it's found more in building supply stores. We used it to
de-smell an elderly friends house from many years of 6 cats doing their do
all over. Since he couldn't smell anymore he never noticed it. It seemed to
work very well. After pulling up the carpet we sprayed the entire floor
(floors, halls, closets, etc). Only in the places where the cats had pee'd
on the floor this stuff would foam up, obviously some reaction was occurring..

I've got a thoroughly mouse infested M715 that I will be needing to
de-smell. Thought I would first remove all the canvas then attack it with
the steam cleaner and maybe run bleach through it. Then maybe spray this
Kills stuff on there.

Speaking of mice. Rather than deal with traps and bait, does anyone know if
any of these electronic repeller devices work? All I know of for sure is
that a loud radio will keep raccoons away, but we seem to have major mouse
problems around here.

later,

je