Re: [MV] Shop Building stumbling block

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 06:19:46 PST

At 8:45 AM -0500 1/13/04, Ron wrote:
>The missus and I went house/land shopping in regards to "OUR" new project
>yesterday.
> We found a 12 acre parcel with house (I think it had some bedrooms and a
>kitchen, not sure cause I can't get the deuce in there and didn't pay much
>attention) and 3 stall horse barn and 2 goats (crazy horse lady who owns
>plot says goats GO with the property, and maybe 1 of the three horses. She
>has turned down many folks who laughed at the goats and runs off developers.
>My wife thought they were cute. I know they eat Poison Ivy, so that makes
>them ok in my book.)

They'll also control Kudzu like nothing I've heard of.

>[snip]
> Some of you folks out there must have one of these puppies running
>across your properties, since I notice the little orange marker pipes all
>over the place now. Any advice or anecdotes on how to approach the pipeline
>company for permission?

Call them up and politely ask what method of paving they would
approve for allowing it. You can't have been the first person wanting
to do something like this.

> Methods like 8 or 10 foot deep gravel pass over or a Bailey Bridge come
>to mind.

A layer of gravel and a concrete drive could well work.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -