RE: [MV] Question on sending unit M35

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 06:34:42 PST

Hi Wayne,
I have a temp sending unit in my hand here for the M35 and it is marked
MS24537-1. At room temperature it has a resistance of about 8000 (8 Kohm)
ohms.

The sending unit has to match the dial instrument, which must be calibrated
for 24 vdc (M35). It becomes part of a voltage divider circuit.
I don't see any reason for marking the sending unit "12V" unless it is made
for a particular readout dial.
If your units are about 8 Kohms at room temp and decrease in resistance as
the temperature goes up, then they should work with the 24volt dials also.

Bjorn