tire topics

From: enallin (enallin@bedford.net)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 09:19:01 PST

Hi all, I have not seen this topic discussed on the list. What type or brand
of preservative do people use on tires? Several on my deuce have significant
weather checking, and I would like to prevent this from occurring on the
other tires. My understanding is that Armor-All makes rubber look good, but
does not really preserve it. While on the subject, how about a preserver for
canvas tops?

Second, I'd like to eventually get 2 or 3 9.00 X 20 nondirectional style
tires on rims for an M35A2. Rubber condition is more important than tread
depth, so good used tires would be OK. Do vendors at Churchville typically
have these? About how much for tire and rim? I'm in south central Pa.,
Altoona/Johnstown/Bedford area.

Thanks again and God bless all! This list has a fantastic group of members!
Gene