Q: Chemical dipping for MV and M151 A2 Bodies?

From: Michael S. Nichols (msnichols@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 17:52:12 PST

Hello from Atlanta GA 30306. I have checked into having my M151 chemically
dipped to dissolve all rust before I do the body panel replacement. Price
runs $1.40 per lb. Any folks out there have good or bad results with the
dipping process? Is the rust really forever gone? Any special prep req'd.
for painting?
---I am concerned about chemicals leaching months later out of M151 seams,
in the hot Georgia summer, with a new paint job. I just know that some
MV'ers in the Rust Belt have had dealings with the oxidation issue.......
Thanks!

Regards,

Mike Nichols
Member GA MVPA