RE: [MV] M35 tire ?

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 13:13:44 PST

two words: tire cage.

That's what we used when inflating our split-ring tires.
Basically, you roll the tire into the cage then clip the "air chuck" onto
the valve stem, and stand back.

Only had one split ring separate from the wheel while inflating in the cage.
It ruined the tire cage but saved the guy that was standing right in front
of it. Sounded like a bomb going off when it happened. The ring flew off
one side and the wheel went in the other direction. The tire cage had huge
circular dents from the two pieces that tried to take flight.

Just my two cents. I don't have a photo of the cage, but may be able to get
one if necessary.