Tire cages, tire inflating

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 15:32:05 PST

Tire cages, tire inflating

Go to busy tire shop -I will wager cage is bent.......or new

I fiend of mine was inflating rear tire off small Ford tractor, had it
laying on concrete intending to put 12 psi. in it, tire came off rim almost
as soon as he put any air in it, he had gauge built in air hose it
registered 5 psi., he was kneeling on tire, it threw him over pickup truck,
smashed his face bad, tire went several feet in air. Just visualize what
tire from deuce or 5 ton would do if it came apart at 80 or so psi.

Another practice I have safety issue with (and I have done it) is
squirting starting fluid in tire and then tossing burning match in it so it
will seat itself on tubeless wheel.

Everette