Re: [MV] M35 tire ?

From: Stephen & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 15:34:48 PST

Actually.........

The ONLY time I almost "bought it" was on a reinflation!
I had bought an M5 Bomb Trailer and had put some air into
the decrepid tires so I could tow it home. The tires leaked
down making it difficult to move, so I put some air into them.
One of the wheels, unbeknownst to me was severly rotted
between the rim and the fingers of the wheel hub where it
attaches. As I reinflated the tire, there was a loud BANG as
the wheel rim (not the split ring) parted company and got
wider at that point therby distorting the the (in this case)
stretch ring and suggest that it should come off and do me...

Luckly it did not, but wheels rotting is a BIG problem on
Chevrolet and GMC and others using that design of
US made WW2 truck wheels.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce