Re: [MV] : Armored Vehicle Interior Light

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 20:32:30 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Baker, George R. - Eastman" <grbaker@eastman.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] : Armored Vehicle Interior Light

> No, it is the square one with a clear and red lense.

They actually come in clear/green as well, and there are three different
styles: Square, Rectangle and Round. Pretty sure the round ones are the
oldest and I've been told they're out of late Shermans (though one of our
M109's has two mounted by the military in its hard cab), where the square
ones are out of the 50's-80's stuff. The rectangle type I've only seen in
pictures, but I'd assume they're out of Bradley IFVs or Abrams or something.

For those who've never seen them, there's a small square green or red lense
and a larger rectangular clear lense on each which may or may not have a
diffuser pattern. The switch is a two-position type, with only the
'coloured' (blackout) option able to be selected without first pushing in a
button on the switch to defeat the lockout and select the clear light.
That's for the square type. From what I remember of the 'round' style, both
the coloured and clear lenses have the same proportions.