SIMILAR MUTT M884 FUEL SYSTEM PROBLEM

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 09:22:03 PST

Listers,
I have 2 MUTTs, (M151, M151A1) and had a similar starting problem with both of them after weeks of
inactivity.
I have all new fuel lines with no leaks so I didn't think that was the problem. I never solved the
mystery but I did solve the problem by jumping the oil pressure safety switch. Now when I turn on
the ignition switch the electric fuel pump runs very fast for a few seconds then slows to it's usual
putt, putt and with full choke the jeep starts after a few cranks.

I also notice that with the air intake hose disconnected at the carburetor when I turn the engine
off 3 or 4 drops of fuel come out of the carb. I've set the float to specs and even tried lower
than spec but the drip still persists.

Does anyone else have/had the same problems?
How about the A2 owners?

Buzz