Re: [MV] M35 transmission question

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 12:14:55 PST

Transmission removal in a deuce is easy at best. I've done several and
here's how I do mine. Engine crane right through the passenger door. M35
transmissions are under 200# so it should be a piece of cake for even the weakest of
cranes. Once slid back, lower the trans to a low dolly like a furniture dolly.
I always remove the spare tire for ingress and egress. Makes it much easier.
I've also removed a trans on the road with a 4x4 and a cheap come a long. You
can prop open the windshields, run the 4x4 across the window frame to the
back ledge of the cab and attach the come along to that. Might be tough with a
hardtop though. Makes it tough to slide the trans back but experience shows
that it can be done. The gov't has a nifty little hoist for the job but I
haven't found one to buy yet. All in all, a less than difficult and pretty quick job
especially once you've done one or two. Winch PTO can slow the job down
though!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2