RE: [MV] M35 transmission question - follow up question

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 13:23:33 PST

I've been told by some crusty 'old mechanics to use saw dust... Mix it in the oil for a rear differential or an old clunky manual transmission. While the noise reduction is significant, I would think that it wouldn't be too good for the gears, and darn near really bad for the bearings!

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1