Re: [MV] Need help to remove rear drum on early CCKW

From: Stephen & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 04:42:25 PST

1st: Open up the brake line. What is most likely happening is that the shoes
are out a ways and you have a ridge on the the drum that is forming a lip
that prevents the drum from coming off.

If the drum does not move at all, the shoes are stuck to the drum. Try
slowly
working the adjusters back and forth after using penetrating oil on them.
Make sure you turn them in the right direction.

After that, a couple large screw drivers or prybars beterrn the drum and the
backing plate.

Take your time AND install NEW return springs when you finally get it off!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce