Re: [MV] M35 tire ?

From: Vernon Tuck (vtuck@tucklings.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 11:43:59 PST

Indeed, we are blessed to be given a chance to wise up in time, by those who
did not.

I am a professional Spanish interpreter/translator by trade but a metal
worker/welder by passion.

Recently, I was cutting something with a torch. Then I noticed my shirttail
was on fire!

As embarrassed as this makes me to admit it, I will do so anyway. In my
zeal to finish my work I continued to cut with one hand while I slapped out
the fire with the other...

Most folks, (as would I) would say it's "stupid". But I think a gentler yet
more accurate explanation is it's the kid in us trumping the adult in us.

Soon after that experience I translated from Spanish, a 40 page accident
investigation report on the total loss of a refrigerated cargo ("reefer")
ship including the loss of several lives as a result of some bad decisions
made as to flame cutting operations while in dry dock.

Remember. You can only have fun while you're not dead!

VT