Re: [MV] M35 tire ?

From: Vernon Tuck (vtuck@tucklings.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 12:43:49 PST

Since y'all are talking about tires and air pressures this is as good an
opportunity as I'll likely get to ask about proper safety procedures as to
split rims.

Could somebody separate fact from fiction (if any) as to this hazard and
explain what steps you take when airing up tires, whether after a tire/tube
change or otherwise?

I'm aware that many modern tire shops won't touch a split rim. In fact I
see 'em at the county dump all the time.

I believe I properly understand what's good about 'em. But how does the
prudent mariner avoid parting his hair below his chin?

Enquirin' Bird-Brains Wanna Know...

VT