M35 Multifuel: Clean Oil Dripping from Exhaust

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 07:12:31 PST

Non-turbo multifuel truck has very few hours and runs like a champ. It will
crank on the first revolution of the engine, every time, even when it is
cold outside. It seems to be developing good compression and it holds very
good oil pressure. The thermostat doesn't seem to work very well because
the hot water heater will not get warm unless the truck has been pulling a
load for an hour or more.
I got it running again after it had been parked for a year or more (replaced
all filters and fluids and it cranked right up). There is no smoke at all
coming from the exhaust (no blue or black smoke).
However, when running the truck for long periods of time, clean oil will
start to trickle out of the exhaust pipe. Again, no smoke at all and the
oil is just as clean as the crankcase oil. I was thinking that perhaps the
exhaust valve guides were letting clean oil leak into the exhaust system.
Perhaps the valve stems had rusted some while it was parked, but this
problem does not seem to be going away and I have been running the truck
about 4 weeks since it was "revived." Anyone else out there seen anything
like this on the multifuel engine? Suggestions anyone??
- John Brian Seeling
  Alexandria, LA
  (318) 308-5978