A whole mess of questions

From: frey2@eng.usf.edu
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 21:37:02 PST

Now that i have the truck sitting in my yard and i can just sit and look at it
all day long, in doing so many questions have arisen. It is a 68 kaiser M35A2
Turbo Multifuel W/ winch. Continental LDT-465-1D engine overhualed in '83.
Single wheeled, troop carrier.

1. Is the 465 the displacement of the engine?
2. What was the strength of teh most commonly issued winch? or how could i
identify what i have?
3. For sand and mud and the road to get there what is the best 11x20 tire?
4. I have seen a picture of somebody towing a duece with a 1 ton chevy pickup,
how can this be done safely?
5. How resistant to tearing are the canvas cab and bed tops to limbs and branches?
6. What were the large electrical sockets on the side of the cab for?
7. I was told it is not good to let the engines idle for extended periods of
time due to carbon build up on the valves, thus causing them to stretch, is this
true?
8. What batteries can I use to replace the original ones? they only last about a
day now.
9.The rod/actuator coming from the rear of the transmission to the transfercase
moves from forward to reverse, for what reason? I think it is the reason the
front axle does not drive.
10. the air/hydraulic brake system vent goes to the valve train vent which goes
to open air, is this correct?

Well only 10 questions, im sure ill have more as soon as this is sent.
                              -Nic